Arbor Financial awards $24,000 annually to Michigan high school students.
Each spring, we award twelve $2,000 scholarships to high school seniors in the state of Michigan through the Arbor Financial Community Scholarship Program. We believe strongly in the value of higher education and proudly enhance opportunities and advancement through this program.
Who is Eligible:
- Arbor Financial members and non-members currently enrolled as high school seniors (Non-members must reside in Michigan)
- Applicants must be accepted into an accredited post-secondary school (community college, 4-year program, etc.)
- Scholarships must be used in the upcoming fall semester
How to Apply:
- Your submitted scholarship essay will be anonymously judged on the strength of the essay.
- The essay must be between 500 and 750 words
- The essay is typed and double spaced
- The top right corner of each page of the essay contains your initials of first, middle, and last name
- The essay has a title
- Submit your application and upload your essay in a Word (.DOC(X)) or PDF online
Deadline: February 28, 2021
2021 Scholarship Essay Topic:
Often, the challenges we face in life will result in wisdom gained. Share a challenge you have faced and how you overcame it. What did you learn from the experience?
- We will be awarding 12 high school seniors with $2,000 scholarships
- Winners of the 2021 Arbor Financial Community Scholarship will be contacted in April
- Checks will be made payable to both the winner and the educational institution, and will be mailed to the winner in May 2021
- Winners will be asked to submit a photo for use on our website and/or social media outlets
- Select essays from our winners may be published on our website and/or social media outlets
An account designed with students in mind
Graduation is a special time for seniors, as you say goodbye to high school and hello to independence. Whether you're headed to college or straight to the workforce, Arbor Financial's Volt Account will help you take charge of your money with special perks designed especially for young adults like you.
We've seriously reduced or outright eliminated a variety of fees, and we offer a special credit card starting at age 16, that can help you begin building good credit for when you want to buy that first car. Additionally, we hold a variety of educational events at our 9th Street headquarters, as well as in the schools for both high school and college students, designed to help them make informed, good choices with their money.
And that's in addition to all the other perks that come with a memership at Arbor Financial, like free access to over 37,000 ATMs nationwide, Online Banking access, and more!
Learn More About Volt!